The Chicken Coop is Finished!

The Chicken Coop is Finished!

We finally got the chicken coop finished and occupied. Frederick the First and Chicky moved in day before yesterday and look lost in such a big space all alone. We anticipate filling the coop with a whole flock in the near future, though.  We used a red oil base paint, found at an overstock warehouse, and diluted it with paint thinner so that it would be a low maintenance stain instead of a paint that would eventually peel. The trim is the green stain we bought for the container front and the frame for the run is built with UV resistant PVC. Detailed pictures of the whole process are on the Chicken Coop page under Poultry. The whole project came in under $250, and that is including the cost of materials we already had for other projects.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



Hit Counter provided by Seo Packages